Arachne Final Update

My Arachne is done! I love it. I wore it for driveway knitting earlier this week even though it was above 70 and a heavy wool sweater was not necessary. I’ll be wearing this sweater constantly until Halloween.

I adapted the pattern heavily and actually kept notes in my Ravelry project page. I gained a lot of confidence making this sweater. I took a pull over and made it a cardigan. I added pockets. I changed the weight of the yarn. I feel like a fancy knitter now.

Arachne Update

I finally got to the steek on my Arachne sweater. I was really nervous as I’ve never steeked a sweater before. I made a short video of the steeking, but realized that maybe having a 5 year old do the videography and a 4 year old say random things in the background might not make the best knitting video. It is short, but you can see me steek the first couple of inches.

I did a crocheted steek, which was very tricky on the black portion of the sweater. I was having a lot of trouble with the crochet, but then I told Marilee how horrible it was and after that conversation it was really easy.

Now that I’m past the scary part I should just get to work on the button bands. I might take a bit of time before I do that though, as I’m recovering from the emotional rollercoaster of cutting my knitting.