Karen from Nothing But Knit posted a quiz about color earlier this week. I love how she posts quizzes right around the time that I feel like writing, but I am not feeling creative enough to come up with a topic to discuss. Also, it is Wednesday, which is usually WIP Wednesday, but I’m currently pretending I don’t have a Throughstone on the needles because good Lord that sweater is boring to knit.
With that being said, let’s get to the questions. Please feel free to answer in the comments or with your own blog post.
- What is your favorite color? How is this color reflected in your crafting? My favorite color is teal. It is reflected in my crafting because I often tell myself I’m branching out by trying a new color when it really is just teal. I’ve knit two sweaters in almost identical yarn. I’ve bought the same colorway of socks three times thinking I was trying something new.
- Do you prefer bright colors or more subdued shades? I like jewel tones and neutrals. When it comes to socks I like bright colors.
- Does your color mood shift with the seasons? Do you carry one color all year and just change the accent color? I want to knit fall colors September-late November. I want browns, golds, wheats, and dark greens. Every other season I basically want teal, green, or blue.
- Is there a color you avoid? Or maybe it’s underrepresented in your crafting? Red. I don’t wear red.
- When you pick out your crafting supplies how important is color to you? Is it the first thing you consider or is it a bit further down the list? I decide on the yarn first, then I choose the color from what is available. The wool is more important to me than the color.
- Do you ever consciously choose a different color palette just for the change? Yes, and it usually fails. I think I’m trying a new color, but it is really something I’ve knit with before.