Quizzes are having a moment in the knitting blog community, and I’m loving it. This one is from Alissa. If you are a knitter join in, either with a post or a comment.
1. Share an image of a knitting pattern you love but would probably never knit.
2. What is your favorite knitting technique? Cables
3. Yarn: wool, alpaca, cotton, linen, hemp, silk, or acrylic? Wool.
4. Needles: wood, bamboo, metal, plastic, or casein? Wood or Metal, it depends on the project and pointiness needed.
5. Would you go on a knitting vacation? If yes, which country’s yarn shops would you like to visit? YES! I would love to go to Shetland Wool Week or Iceland.
6. Lace, fingering, sport, DK, worsted, or bulky? (If you had to choose just one) Fingering.
7. Do you eat while knitting? If so, what? Sometimes I’ll have nuts or pretzels, but usually I am not eating while knitting. Unless it’s a crafting weekend, then I’m eating party mix and dark chocolate salted caramels.
8. Speckled yarn: yes or no? Sure. In moderation.
9. Favorite knitting slang word? Yarn Barf
10. Can you do anything else while knitting? Watching or listening to something doesn’t count. I can hold a conversation, but that’s about it.
11. Favorite knitting pattern designer? Andrea Mowry.
12. Favorite yarn brand? Manos.
13. Intentional felting: yes or no? Yes.
14. Who taught you to knit? A really mean lady at a shop. I learned how to knit so she would stop yelling at me. My sister refuses to knit because it brings back memories of the mean lady.
15. What’s your next knit? Dreyma Mitts or kids mittens (if you have a kid mitten suggestion please share it with me).
I’m off to either cast on mittens or work on one of my plethora of WIPs. I hope you are having a great day.