Karen over at NothingButKnit has another round of questions for crafters. These questions are not knitting specific, so feel free to share your answers for your favorite craft. I would love to hear from you.
The questions are:
- Do you have a favorite crafting tool?
- Which do you prefer when you craft: listening to a podcast or music, watching something on tv or silence?
- Do you have a favorite designer that you’d like to recommend?
- Most people have a favorite color, do you find you use it more than other colors? Is there a color you avoid? Why?
- Have you experienced a crafting injury? If yes, what
- Do you have a favorite crafting tool? I have lots of knitting tools I don’t want to live without. A tool that I’ve been using for about 18 months and I don’t know how I lived without is my sock ruler. It makes measuring for socks much easier. I use the back of it, which is blank, to keep track of names and foot lengths.
- Which do you prefer when you craft: listening to a podcast or music, watching something on tv or silence? I watch TV while I knit – the news and public television mostly. In rare moments where I’m hiding from my family and knitting on my bed I watch knitting podcasts on YouTube.
- Do you have a favorite designer that you’d like to recommend? For simple socks I love Meanest Mommy Knits. Her patterns are easy to memorize and fun to knit. She is also one of my favorite people to knit with.
- Most people have a favorite color, do you find you use it more than other colors? I knit with blues and greens a lot. I find working with them calming. Most of my stash is blue yarn, so I might like to buy blue yarn even more than I like to knit with it..Is there a color you avoid? BLACK Why? I have such a hard time seeing it, so it makes me angry, which leads me to hate the project.
- Have you experienced a crafting injury? Yes, I have eczema on my thumb tips, and in the winter they crack. I keep knitting and occasionally snag them and make them worse.
I would love to hear your answers.
One thought on “More Craft Q & A”
In the winter I end up with cracks on my pointer finger from the yarn rubbing on my dry skin:(