I have missed blogging. Not so much the pressure of having semi-correct grammar or not using bad swear words in posts (I don’t give a damn about mild swears), but the act of writing. Getting thoughts out of my head and down on a page. As an introvert, I tend to keep my thoughts to myself, but blogging forces me to share more. It is a good thing.
Just because I’ve missed it doesn’t mean it has been easy to sit down and make the time to write. When I’m writing I could be knitting…or cooking..or talking to John…but mostly knitting. As it gets colder out it gets harder and harder to pull myself away from the wool on my needles. Especially when it is this beautiful.
Luckily I have a friend, JoAnna from She’s (mostly) harmless, in the same boat. She’s my partner in the world’s smallest writing group. We’ve committed to meeting monthly to discuss writing and workshop ideas. It is nice to get out of the house, discuss ideas, and pound nutella hot chocolate like it’s my job (bless you, Gateway Market, for creating some delicious Type 2 Diabetes in a cup).
One of the fun things about having a writing group with someone is collaborating with them. Which leads me to this week’s 5 on Friday. It’s a guest post from JoAnna this week all about her. If you find her to be delightful, and trust me, you should, you can find her on her blog.
5 on Friday
- I’m an introvert – I hate people. It’s not personal, really. I would just rather be alone.
- I like animals better than you. They’re just easier. See number 1.
- My hobbies include sewing, knitting, and baking.
- I’m an old soul trapped in a young(er) person’s body. See number 3.
- I’m sarcastic and I swear a lot. May also be a salty old sailor. Note to self: see therapist re: multiple personality disorder.
Every Friday I share five things I think you should know about. Are there any Friday Fives you would like to hear about? Please share your ideas with me.